Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Magazines!!!

A few months ago, I made the mistake of ordering a really cute trench coat online. The coat itself was not the mistake; it's where I ordered it from. In the four months since placing this order, the catalogs sent to my name have gone from one or two a year to at least 20 in the past few months.

!!!

Anyone have any suggestions for cutting down on the incoming junk mail so I don't have to haul 80 catalogs a month to the recycling center? I used to send the order form back requesting to be taken off the list, but none of the magazines on my desk have order forms. Is there a central "no-send" database like the "no-call" list for telemarketing?

...unfortunately for my wallet, some of the things in these catalogs are rather tempting too....

3 comments:

  1. https://www.directmail.com/directory/mail_preference/

    Here's the website for DirectMail which will remove you from a number of mailing lists. It takes a while for things to go into effect though. Another this is to call the 800 customer service number for each of the catalogues and request that you be removed permanently from their mailing list. There is a DONOTCALL registry too. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can attest to the effectiveness of the individual catalogues' 800 numbers. I've been bombarded by a barrage of catalogs that my ex-roommate used to receive. When I call the customer service numbers, I'm always immediately connected to a human who is happy to remove my address from their list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've canceled 14 catalogs so far, and there's still no end in sight!

    ReplyDelete